Friday, June 08, 2007

Dog Treats and Book Signings

My dog Yoshi has been drooling all day, thanks to the hypoallergenic treats I've baked in preparation for my book signing at Zoomies tomorrow. Zoomies, a gorgeous little pet boutique in my West Village neighborhood, has kindly been talking up me and my book to our fellow West Village residents and apparently we'll have a good crowd for the signing and treat give-away, which will be from 1pm-3pm Saturday afternoon.

Here's what Zoomies looks like:


And here's Zoomies' resident hound, Chou-Chou:

The signing isn't until tomorrow and Susan and Angelique, the fabulously fierce owners of Zoomies, have already sold a book! They are working it hard on my behalf. Love them! They have set up some nice displays:



Yoshi was inspecting the display earlier this afternoon:
The treats are composed of the core ingredients of the Brazilian-style nutrition program I've put together in my book. I'll be posting the recipe for the treats on the blog tomorrow and, if the local dog population unanimously approves of them, they'll be sold at Zoomies as Brazilian Barkini Body Dog Biscuits. No guarantees that the treats will improve canine figures for display in Rio-style "fio dental" ("dental floss") thong bikinis, but then again, while there may be some crazy dog owners, I don't know anyone that insane. Yet. Perhaps tomorrow...

Tonight, I am hosting yet another challenge dinner party. The theme: All courses featuring smoked foods. I smell like a hickory pit at the moment, but the courses are turning out well so far. More on that, and pix, through the next few days...

See you at Zoomies!


No comments: