Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fashion Week and old friends

With Fashion Week in full swing this week, it's hard to avoid the street style papparazzi and bloggers obsessively snapping the most sartorially correct boulevardiers. My fave shot of the day, though, was a photo of the always fashionable, fearless and wonderful Tim Gunn.

I met Tim when he was my New York neighbor and together we judged a neighbourhood dog fashion show I organized for our annual local block party. As ever, his presence was a hit with the crowds: witty, generous and devastatingly funny.

When my book first came out, I ran into him at a party and he was kind enough to do an impromptu endorsement on my behalf. I haven't looked at the video in a while, but when I saw the photo of him this morning looking dapper and fresh, I thought it would be a great time to dig this out and put it up for fun.

The sound quality, given the party atmosphere is not the greatest, but he is talking about his then move to Liz Claiborne as a creative director, to which he had transferred while Project Runway was in full swing.

Here's to you Tim!

No comments: