Wednesday, May 16, 2007

On The Road

So here I am, in Dallas, Texas, on the third day of my mini-book tour. So far, the reception to the book has been very good--well, at least from the news presenters and producers who I've worked with--and I've had some nice feedback. I'm off later this afternoon to Houston, Texas and then back to NYC.

I'm compiling a small video of the book tour experience to share with readers of my website and blog. I started off in Atlanta, then went to Chicago before going to Texas. Chicago was a real treat for me, not least because I love that city, but mostly because some of my dearest and oldest friends live there. In fact, my lovely pal Liz helped to set up a surprise on my old college roommate Kate by telling her that she was bringing a special guest to their weekly book club night, being careful not to mention that the guest was me. All the other book club members were in on the surprise. As we walked up the street to the house of the book club's host, Kate stood in the doorway and, after a moment's befuddled scrutiny of my face (it's been a LONG time since we last saw each other and my hair was MUCH shorter), she practically fell down on the floor from the shock! It was brilliant and hilarious. And captured on digital video!

I did the Your Health noon segment at WGN-TV in Chicago the next day, and then jetted off to Texas. On Monday in Atlanta, I had a great chat with Suchita Vadlamani at Good Day Atlanta on WAGA-TV, a Fox affiliate; she really seemed to like the food and we bonded over global cuisine concepts--that was fun. That segment will be aired on May 21st, so if you live in the Georgia area, be on the lookout for it! This morning I mixed it up with hosts of Good Day Dallas, Tim and Megan, and was delighted by the kind reception I got there from all the people at the station.

Tomorrow I'll be appearing on Great Day Houston, doing both a cooking AND exercise segment. I just hope that my clothing choices will be appropriate for both--you can never tell what will happen with live TV segments!

Once I'm back in NYC, I'll finally get to post to this blog some party pictures I've been promising for too long now, and I'll find a way to post some of the video stills of my book tour on the blog. I'll probably be putting up the whole video on my website, so if you still haven't subscribed to the www.brazilianbikinibodyprogram.com and have always wondered what the life of a published author looks and feels like, you can check it out there!

Gotta go...plane to catch. More on Friday...

No comments: